Friday, May 14, 2010

A Little "Our World" History

I figured you'd be wondering what exactly "Our World" is. Let me tell you. When I was a little girl, my imagination was completely squashed. I simply didn't understand how to pretend. I was way too serious, and even felt "talked down to" when adults would try to get me to IMAGINE. Then, I got married to my fabulous husband and had my amazing two children. A whole new world opened up for me as I read the best books available to my kids. Things definitely started to change! I learned how to play with my daughter, and yes, learned to perfect the art of IMAGINING! My daughter and I created our own make-believe world, hence, "Our World." In this world, nature abounds, most everything is beautiful, delicious treats await, creativity is explored, and many of the animals talk and wear clothes. We want you to get a taste of it, because it is a land where everything you love becomes real. Get ready to enter, "Our World."

Our world is playful-a place where dreams come alive. I bet a lot of you are like me in that you love to create. This makes us what I call "kindred spirits." I walk around with my brain loaded full of ideas. If I find something a really like, I keep a magazine clipping of it to help me remember it. Later, if I don't find what I'm looking for ready made, or just can't afford it, I see if I can make it. My home has a mixture of brand new, antique, found and home made things. I am all about customizing. I don't have time to scour stores often enough to find everything in just the perfect color. That is why I always have paint on hand in order to get create the shade I am looking for, once I run across the right object. I am patient, and wait until I find what I really adore. My rule is, if I don't love it, I leave it. Projects are my life.

I enjoyed doing the playful "girly-girl" thing with my daughter. I used to put bows in her hair and dress her all up when she was little! It was so fun, and she liked it too. Now she's 13, and we are both the jeans type. But, we love to go dressy-casual sometimes by accessorizing with feminine and cute touches here and there. We find that hair art makes a fun fashion statement, and frequently use decorative hair pins. We want to share some with you, too, because we know there are others of you out there who would like to join in on the fun. Take a look at the 0ne-of-a-kind hair pins a have just released, which reflect the whimsy of "Our World", even down to the name "Hare Pins". The little "hare" girl on the front of the hair pin card wears a lacy dress and furbulows! Of course this bunny-like creature would love to converse with you, since she is definitely a talking creature from "Our World." Let me know what you think of the hair art, and give me suggestions on what kinds you would like to see more of!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KristyAnne4
https://twitter.com/KristyAnne4

No comments:

Post a Comment